Skip to main content

Macaron Murder

 Book Review: Macaron Murder


                      My Rating: 


"French native Clémence Damour returns to Paris after traveling around the world for two years. She’s dog-sitting for her parents in the posh 16th arrondissement and overseeing the family patisserie, a famous franchise known for their delectable gourmet pastries and sweets in Paris and around the world.

To get off on the right foot with la gardienne, the caretaker of the apartment building, Clémence gives her a box of their luxury macarons. The next morning however, the half-eaten box of macarons is found near la gardienne's dead body. An incompetent inspector accuses Clémence of being the killer, which prompts her to clear her name and solve the case herself.

Join Clémence and her friends as they solve murder cases, bake macarons and other treats, and fall in love in The City of Lights.

If you like Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen mysteries or Leighann Dobb's Lexy Baker series, you'll also enjoy The Patisserie Mysteries. Macaron Murder is the first book in this new cozy series with an international twist, featuring delicious recipes of French pastries and desserts."

~ From Goodreads ~

I quite liked the characters and the premise of this book. I could imagine the residence building as described and I could also imagine how feasible it is for her to get involved in the murder mystery. 

I have recently acquired a taste for different flavors of Macarons. I absolutely adored the image on the cover of this book. I have visited Paris once and that experience, plus the added advantage of Macaron Recipes in the book, sealed the deal for me. 

Clémence Damour is an heiress of a famous franchise in Paris, known for its highly delectable gourmet pastries and sweets. She has just returned from a two year "around the world" trip and is house-sitting for her parents.

A half-eaten box of their luxury macarons is found near the dead body of the building's caretaker. This La Gardienne wasn't a very pleasing personality. Since Clemence is implicated in the murder investigation by the not so friendly inspector, she tries to solve the mystery to clear her name. 

Her parent's tenant upstairs, the son of one of their neighbors, two staff members from their pastry shop and she manage to piece the mystery together. 

I needed a cozy mystery to kick start the New Year and this was a perfect fit! And it was perfect for the following Reading Prompts too: 

Popsugar Reading Challenge 2021: The book on your TBR list with the prettiest cover

Reading With Muffy: A book with a food or drink on the cover

Book Bingo 2021: A book you've been meaning to read but haven't

Fiction-NonFiction Challenge 2021- A book related to food or having a food item on the cover/title



Comments

  1. I loved the cover too! Good way to start the new year 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I am craving a macaron!! I love them so much! This story also sounds intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, they need to be perfect. I had tried one a long time ago at a buffet and I didn't enjoy it all that much. But then recently I discovered that a Bakery near my house makes them perfectly to my taste. There goes my diet plans! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I've suddenly been reading and enjoying quite a few murder mysteries and this one seems like one I'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that on GR. Every year I always end up reading an entire series of Cozy Murder Mysteries. They are my most perfect "getaway" books. But this year, I hope to slay a large part of my already owned TBR before I binge buy and read. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Book Review: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy  My Rating: ⭐️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ "Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor. Together these dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox—the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with

What 2020 has taught me?

  Let’s see, apart from the fact that it scared the sh*t out off me, there are at least 10 things that the year 2020 has taught me. Please find them below in no particular order.   1.      There is nothing that a change in thought process can’t change. Each time I have entered the blogging world, I have always left it behind with big life lessons. It happened again in 2020. The number of people we meet online far outnumbers the number of people we meet in real life. So the experiences and lessons are learned faster and with a bang. But I will still persist and continue blogging, purely for the love of it. 2.      There is nothing that is permanent in this life. May it be personal or professional, it’s time to learn to not take anything or anyone for granted. I knew this at the back of the head before, but now it is imprinted in me.   3.      There is nothing that is more important than love and harmony. Being right or wrong isn’t the issue. The issue s are your thoughts and a

Atomic Habits

 Book Review: Atomic Habits My Rating:  ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ ️ ⭐ " Learn how to: *  make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy); *  overcome a lack of motivation and willpower; *  design your environment to make success easier; *  get back on track when you fall off course; ...and much more. Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits--whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal." ~  From Goodreads  ~ This is definitely a book that is going to change my life for the better! I had come across a few of the techniques mentioned in this book even before. But the way the author has made a fair and just (aka doable) list of all that is important into an amazing book is just mind blowing.  I have to be honest